In the present scenario life of the people has become so fast that they do not have time to look after their health. Thousands of health problems are affecting the human life and gum disease is one of the major problems nowadays. The main cause behind this problem is unhealthy lifestyle of the people. This disease is also called as Periodontal which is an infection of bone and tissues supporting teeth. Under-estimation of this problem may lead to some serious future problems such as falling of teeth forever. In medical terms Plaque, a sultry germ’s layer on teeth is the main reason behind this problem.
Some common types of related diseases are Gingivitis and Periodontitis. The main symptoms include minor bleeding, tooth pain or even tooth loss requiring an effective solution. Some of the precautionary measures or treatments for the above mentioned diseases are as follows:
1) People should not over pressure their gums with tough brushing as it leads to injuries. Try to use soft brush that can clean all the pores of mouth and the best idea will be to visit dentist regularly.
2) Gingivitis remedies can be adopted for good dental health. People brush their teeth daily but that is not exact and effective brushing. This is quite surprising but true because brushing teeth is a wider concept than people understand. Use of proper equipment and methods is very essential to effectively prevent this problem. Electric toothbrush can be an effective solution as it is equipped with medically recommended functionality.
3) Keep the mouth clean by cleansing it properly after eating anything.
4) Vitamin C and calcium are the most effective components that serve as a long term solution of Gingivitis. Vitamin C reduces the discomfort that people feel due to bleeding gums. Including it in daily diet can enhance the teeth capacity to fight against bacteria.
5) Use of Fluoride toothpaste prevents decay and efficiently removes bacteria before it starts to turn into plaque. Fluoride is a mineral that is a very effective remedy for decreasing cavities and is added to toothpaste and water. It is also recommended by The World Health Organization and American Dental Association that Fluoride plays a vital role in keeping the teeth healthy.
6) To control the growth of plaque anti-microbial mouth rinse is a good solution. People can use some high quality mouth wash approved by dental associations for effective results.
7) Scaling and root planning is used to gently remove the plaque and cleaning the mouth. Dentists use this method for long lasting solution so that plaque may not stick again. One needs not to worry because this is not a painful procedure and is a better way to provide healthy, stippled and tighter gums.
8) Plaque that remains deep inside the gum lines can be healed through surgery and bone grafting.
Dr. Kathuria’s Multispeciality Dental clinic in Delhi, India, offering world class dental implants.